How do I add a drop-down list in Excel 2010?
How to Make a Drop Down in Excel 2010
- Create the list for the dropdown.
- Select the items, enter a name, then press Enter.
- Click the cell where the dropdown should be.
- Choose the Data tab.
- Click Data Validation.
- Choose the List option.
- Type an “=” sign, then the Name from step 2.
- Click the OK button.
How do you add a drop down in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel 2010 with multiple columns?
In the same or in another spreadsheet, select a cell or several cells in which you want your primary drop-down list to appear. Go to the Data tab, click Data Validation and set up a drop-down list based on a named range in the usual way by selecting List under Allow and entering the range name in the Source box.
How do I create a drop down list in sheets?
Create a drop-down list
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create a drop-down list.
- Click Data.
- Next to “Criteria,” choose an option:
- The cells will have a Down arrow.
- If you enter data in a cell that doesn’t match an item on the list, you’ll see a warning.
- Click Save.
How do you add a drop down list in Excel 2013?
Select the cell in the worksheet where you want the drop-down list. Go to the Data tab on the Ribbon, then click Data Validation. On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, click List. If it’s OK for people to leave the cell empty, check the Ignore blank box.
How do I make a drop-down list in Excel with multiple selections?
How to Make Multiple Selections in an Excel Drop-Down List
- Step 1: Create a List of Values and Name It. In the video I create a list of values that I wanted to appear in the drop-down list on a separate worksheet.
- Step 2: Create the Drop-down List Using Data Validation.
- STEP3: Add the VBA Code to Your Drop-Down List.
How do I add a drop-down list in Excel with multiple selections?
Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation. In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the settings tab, select ‘List’ as Validation Criteria. In Source field, select the cells which have the items that you want in the drop down. Click OK.