How do I drop a database in Oracle Dbca?
Follow the below steps to drop the database using DBCA….DROP DATABASE STEPS
- Set environment.
- Execute utility DBCA.
- Select option “Delete Database” and click on NEXT.
- Select the database name which you want to drop and click on NEXT..
- Check/Uncheck to de-register from OEM and click on NEXT.
How do I drop a database in Oracle 12c with Dbca?
You can use Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) to delete a database….To delete a database using DBCA:
- Start DBCA as described in “Starting DBCA”.
- In the Database Operation window, select Delete Database and click Next.
- Select the database to delete and click Next.
How do I drop a database in silent mode?
Droping the Database in Silent Mode Using DBCA Look at the log file “/u01/dbatest1/cfgtoollogs/dbca/TESTDB. log” for further details. [ 2018-06-18 11:14:01.891 CEST ] The Database Configuration Assistant will delete the Oracle instance and datafiles for your database. All information in the database will be destroyed.
How do I drop a database in PL SQL?
Steps To Drop Oracle Database Manually
- Step 1 : Connect to the database with sysdba privilege. $ export ORACLE_SID=mydb $ sqlplus “/ as sysdba”
- Step 2 : Shutdown the database. SQL> shutdown immediate;
- Step 3: Start the Database in Exclusive mode.
- Step 4: Drop the database.
- Step 5 : Post Change Steps.
How do I drop an Oracle database 19c?
How to Drop Database in Oracle 19c and Uninstall the Oracle 19C Binaries in Windows Os
- STEP1 : Connect As SYSDBA.
- STEP 2: Shut Down The Database.
- Step 3: Startup the DB in MOUNT Restrict Mode.
- STEP 4 : Drop The Database.
How do I drop an Oracle instance?
Deleting an Instance
- Click the instance name in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm your selection.
What does drop database command Do Oracle?
Purpose. Use the DROP DATABASE command to delete the target database and, if RMAN is connected to a recovery catalog, unregister it. RMAN removes the server parameter file, all data files, online redo logs, and control files belonging to the target database. By default, RMAN prompts for confirmation.
How do I drop a database in Oracle 19C?
How do I delete a database from a cluster in Oracle?
On a node you want to keep, in this case “ol5-112-rac1”, start the DBCA utility. Select the “Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) database” option and click the “Next” button. Select the “Instance Management” option and click the “Next” button. Select the “Delete an instance” option and click the “Next” button.