How do I find my network interface HP-UX?
On the HP-UX system, ping the broadcast address of the LAN interface. (To determine the broadcast address for lanX, look at the output of ifconfig lanX.) If there is no network connectivity, then there will be no responses from other systems on the subnet.
How do you do a network packet capture?
After starting Wireshark, do the following:
- Select Capture | Interfaces.
- Select the interface on which packets need to be captured.
- Click the Start button to start the capture.
- Recreate the problem.
- Once the problem which is to be analyzed has been reproduced, click on Stop.
- Save the packet trace in the default format.
Is HP-UX still used?
We have data on 15,742 companies that use HP-UX. The companies using HP-UX are most often found in United States and in the Computer Software industry. HP-UX is most often used by companies with 50-200 employees and 1M-10M dollars in revenue.
Which command is used to capture packets?
tcpdump is a most powerful and widely used command-line packets sniffer or package analyzer tool which is used to capture or filter TCP/IP packets that are received or transferred over a network on a specific interface. It is available under most of the Linux/Unix-based operating systems.
How do you assign IP address in HP-UX?
Re: How to Change IP address on HP-UX 9000
- SAM -> Network Configuration.
- Edit /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file and change IP.
- ifconfig – temperory change only.
How do I find MAC address on HP-UX?
HP-UX (HP UNIX)
- As the root user (or user with appropriate permissions)
- Type “/usr/sbin/lanscan”
- From the displayed information, find lan0 (this is the default first Ethernet adapter)
- Locate the number below Address. This is your MAC address.
Why is Wireshark not capturing packets?
Installing Wireshark A problem you’ll likely run into is that Wireshark may not display any packets after starting a capture using your existing 802.11 client card, especially if running in Windows. The issue is that many of the 802.11 cards don’t support promiscuous mode.
What is packet capture tool?
A packet capture tool (also called a network analyzer) can be used to capture this data for analysis. A network analyzer is a troubleshooting tool that is used to find and solve network communication problems, plan network capacity, and perform network optimization.
What is HP-UX used for?
HP-UX is a closed source operating system which is provided by HP Enterprise. It is a Unix-like operating system whose design is based on Unix System V. It is basically designed for HP computers. Its target systems is server.
How do I capture a TCP packet in Wireshark?
Capturing Packets with Wireshark
- Use the Wireless Toolbar to configure the desired channel and channel width.
- Under Capture, click on AirPcap USB wireless capture adapter to select the capture interface.
- Click the Start Capture button to begin the capture.
- When you are finished capturing, click the Stop button.
Where does HP-UX store network interface configuration information?
HP-UX stores network interface configuration information on /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file To add a alias address to lan0, add the network information to /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file The nettl command is a tool used to capture network events or packets. Display the status of the tracing/logging facility.
How to configure the NIC cards in HP-UX?
To configure the NIC cards such as speed, MTU, etc.. # lanadmin -x 0 Speed = 1000 Full-Duplex. Autonegotiation = On. HP-UX stores network interface configuration information on /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file
How do I send the raw file to the HP support engineer?
Here is an example command to do this: Email the /tmp/raw0.TRC0.uu file to the address given to you by the HP Network Support Engineer. Note that you do not need to uuencode the raw file if you FTP it using binary mode to an FTP site specified by your HP Support Engineer!