How do I use accounts payable in MYOB?
The linked account for paying bills will be used for all supplier payments made from this window.
- Click To Do List in any command centre.
- Click the Accounts Payable tab.
- Click in the select column (
- Click Pay Bills.
- In the window that appears, enter a date for the selected transactions.
- Click OK and then click Close.
Can I teach myself MYOB?
MYOB has many courses online that allow you to study at your own pace. The software is designed to be easy to use, and this free online course will help you to become familiar with the MYOB Essentials dashboard, including how to set up your business details.
Is it easy to learn MYOB?
Luckily, the software is designed to be easy to use, so a simple MYOB short course should be all you need to get started. MYOB software is the perfect choice for any small to medium business owner looking to take control over your finances.
How do I allocate invoices in MYOB?
To allocate a transaction to more than one account, click the down arrow to expand the transaction. On the Allocate tab, choose the accounts you want to allocate the transaction to, enter any quantities against the transaction, and enter the amount to allocate to each account.
How do I write off accounts payable in MYOB?
To write off a bad debt
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Enter Sales.
- Enter the customer’s details.
- Click Layout, choose Service, and then click OK.
- In the Description field, type a description of the transaction.
- In the Acct No.
- In the Amount field, type the bad debt amount as a negative number.
What is the difference between spend money and pay bills?
‘Pay Bills’ should be used for paying invoices owed to your suppliers. “Spend Money” should be used for paying for sundries and companies that arent listed in cards.
How long is a MYOB course?
The average time to complete a the MYOB courses is 2-3 weeks and some people take several months or simply use the course as a resource during their membership period. Visit the MYOB Training Courses Summary page for the duration of each individual training course.
What are MYOB basics?
MYOB is an Australian bookkeeping, tax, and accounting software company. MYOB offers a range of products including Essentials Payroll, MYOB Essentials, and MYOB AccountRight ideal for a variety of businesses, large and small. Your local MYOB bookkeeper.
How do I match a payment and invoice in MYOB?
If you’ve recorded a transaction in MYOB Essentials, such as a bill, and you’ve paid multiple payments against it, you can match these bank transactions against the open bill. In the Match transactions tab, filter by All transactions, then select which transaction you want to match the payment to.
How do I split a payment in MYOB?
1. Set up the employee’s pay details to split pay between bank accounts
- On the Payroll menu, click Employees.
- Click the employee’s name.
- On the Employee details tab under Banking, select the option Split pay between two accounts.
- Select how you want to handle the split – by Amount or Percentage.