How do you put a decorative border around text?
Go to Home > Borders, and then open the menu of border choices….Add a border to selected text
- Select a word, line, or paragraph.
- On the Home tab, click the arrow next to the Borders button.
- In the Borders gallery, click the border style that you want to apply.
How do I make a custom art border in Word?
Add a custom border Right-click the text box, AutoShape, picture, or object that you want to add the border to. Select the appropriate Format menu item and click the Colors and Lines tab. Click BorderArt. In the BorderArt dialog box, click Create Custom.
How do you decorate a Word document?
Select the words, paragraph, list or table to edit. On the Home tab, select a style….Themes add a professional look to your document.
- Select Design > Themes.
- Point to a theme to preview how it will look.
- Select the theme you want.
How do you add an outside border in word?
On the Home tab, click the down arrow on the border to get border options, like those shown in the picture. Select the type of border you want to use. If you want a single border around the text, click Outside Borders.
How do you put a box around a border in word?
Select the text you want to surround with a border and go to the Home tab. Click the drop-down arrow next to Borders and choose “Borders and Shading.” Use a Setting option on the left or the buttons below Preview on the right to add the border around the text.
How do I add a beautiful border in Word?
Add a border to a page
- Go to Design > Page Borders.
- Make selections for how you want the border to look.
- To adjust the distance between the border and the edge of the page, select Options. Make your changes and select OK.
- Select OK.
How do I make a Word document look pretty?
Here, we’ll show you how to format a Word document to make it look professional.
- Keep It Simple, Less Is More.
- Choose a Context-Appropriate Typeface.
- Use Standard Font Size and Color.
- Use Standard Page Size and Margins.
- Align Paragraphs to the Left.
- Indent the First Lines of Paragraphs.
- Place Images Between Paragraphs.