How does Maxspect gyre work?
Compared to traditional powerheads and wavemakers that are based on propeller nozzle flow technology, the Maxspect Gyre is based on advanced crossflow technology which produces massive horizontal water movement leaving little to no deadspots in its wake.
How do I clean my Maxspect gyre?
Cleaning the Gyre is simple. All you need is a fifty fifty solution of vinegar and water. Dip all the separate components until calcium buildup is dissolved which can take a minimum of three hours. FOR ALL YOU EXPERTS OUT THERE THAT BELIVE THAT YOU DON’T HAVE TO CLEAN YOUR PUMPS AS OFTEN, IT WILL TAKE A BIT LONGER.
What is gyre wave?
the Gyre is the industry’s new standard in for aquarium flow. Propeller vs. Crossflow. Compared to traditional powerheads or wave makers, the Gyre provides superior gyre generating performance based on our crossflow Technology.
What is the newest Jebao wavemaker?
Product Description. All new JEBAO SDW wavemaker, The SLW series is the newest series in 2020. including a controller can use any combination of a plurality of pumps wirelessly. Fixed with magnetic base, easy to install and maintain.
What is a wavemaker for aquariums?
Wave makers are basically water surge devices that are used in aquariums to produce waves that are similar to that of seas and oceans. These devices stimulate the water and allow water to be circulated in the aquarium which helps provide oxygen to the fish and invertebrates.
Which gyre pump is best?
The Best Wave Makers Reviewed
- Maxspect Gyre XF230 Series with Advanced Controller. Flow Rate: 2100-2300 GPH.
- Current USA eFlux Wave Pump Kit. Flow Rate: 660, 1050 or 2100 GPH.
- IceCap 4K Gyre Flow Pump.
- Gyre Icecap 2K Flow Pump w/Dual Controller.
- Hydor Smart Wave Circulation Pump Controller.
- Tunze Turbelle NanoStream 6055.
What size wavemaker do I need?
Powerheads/wavemakers for reef tanks should be able to turnover 20 times the tank’s capacity every hour. So a nano wavemaker for a 15-gallon reef tank needs a 300 GPH powerhead to be adequate (20 x 15 = 300).
What is the difference between a powerhead and a wavemaker?
A wavemaker moves the whole body of water back and forth. A powerhead just moves part of the water.
Which wave maker is best?
The 9 Best Aquarium Wave Makers – Reviews 2022
- Current USA eFlux Accessory Wave Pump – Best Overall.
- SunSun Wavemaker Pumps – Best Value.
- Jebao OW-10 Wave Maker – Premium Choice.
- Hydor Koralia Nano Aquarium Circulation Pump.
- FREESEA Aquarium Wave Maker.
- Fluval Hagen Sea Circulation Pump.
- Hygger Submersible Aquarium Wavemaker.