How many viewers does the BBC have?
BBC on track to reach half a billion people globally ahead of its centenary in 2022. In 2020/21, the BBC achieved record figures with an average audience of 489 million adults every week.
Where do I find TV ratings for data?
Current TV Ratings
- Futon Critic. Provides current weekly rankings and ratings for broadcast programs, organized by day and week as well as age-group breakdowns.
- Nielsen Media Research.
- Television Bureau of Advertising (TVB Online)
- TV Week.
What is the most viewed program on TV?
Most-Watched Broadcast Series, 2021-22 Season
- “ NCIS” (CBS): 10.974 million viewers.
- “ FBI” (CBS): 10.354 million viewers.
- “ Chicago Fire” (NBC): 9.917 million viewers.
- “ Blue Bloods” (CBS): 9.608 million viewers.
- “ The Equalizer” (CBS): 9.301 million viewers.
What is the most watched TV channel in the UK?
- 1 BBC One99%
- 2 BBC News Channel99%
- 3 Sky News98%
- 4 BBC Two98%
- 5 BBC Three97%
- 6 Netflix97%
- 7 Channel 497%
- 8 CBeebies97%
Is the BBC the biggest in the world?
The department is the world’s largest broadcast news organisation and generates about 120 hours of radio and television output each day, as well as online news coverage. The service maintains 50 foreign news bureaus with more than 250 correspondents around the world.
How many people watch BBC weekly?
BBC World Service It reaches a weekly audience of around 364 million people around the world.
How do they know how many viewers watched a show?
Television Ratings FAQ Nielsen uses a technique called statistical sampling to rate the shows. Nielsen creates a “sample audience” and then counts how many in that audience view each program. Nielsen then extrapolates from the sample and estimates the number of viewers in the entire population watching the show.