What does it mean by subtleties?
noun, plural sub·tle·ties. the state or quality of being subtle. delicacy or nicety of character or meaning. acuteness or penetration of mind; delicacy of discrimination. a fine-drawn distinction; refinement of reasoning: the subtleties of logic.
What is another word for subtleties?
Subtleties Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for subtleties?
Where can I use subtle?
Subtle sentence example
- It was a subtle shade of gray.
- Xander saw the subtle signal Damian gave his brother.
- The dish was subtle in flavor.
- There were subtle differences between the parties regarding living wills.
- His subtle magic brushed by her, through her.
- He gave subtle hints, which I totally failed to notice.
How do you use subtleties in a sentence?
Subtleties sentence example
- His penetrating intellect had mastered the subtleties of the system of Chrysippus, but they seldom appear in his works, at least without, apology.
- All had to be simplified and disengaged from technical subtleties .
- In England there is no room for such subtleties .
How do you use subtlety in a sentence?
Subtlety sentence example
- It is, in fact, important rather as a rhetorcial subtlety than as a serious argu ment.
- With perfect subtlety Bonaparte worked on the feelings of all and kept his own intentions secret.
- He preferred the direct approach over any form of subtlety .
What is subtleties in a sentence?
Subtleties Sentence Examples His penetrating intellect had mastered the subtleties of the system of Chrysippus, but they seldom appear in his works, at least without, apology. All had to be simplified and disengaged from technical subtleties. In England there is no room for such subtleties.
How do you use the word subtle in a sentence?
Examples of subtle in a Sentence He didn’t seem to understand my subtle hints. It was her subtle way of telling me to mind my own business. She has a subtle mind.
Does subtle mean not obvious?
Something that is subtle is not obvious: a professional food taster might be able to perceive subtle differences of flavor that most people don’t notice. Subtle is used for things that are hard to describe because of their complexity or delicacy: a way of thinking, arguing, or creating a work of art.
How do you use intricate in a sentence?
It was a beautiful ornament, antique brass with an intricate design. She taught her grand-daughter the intricate art of weaving grass baskets. Following the intricate plotline can be a challenge. He describes an intricate system for charting progress.
How to spell subtleties?
subtlety [ˈsʌtltɪ] N 1. (= delicacy, refinement) [ of colour, book, humour, person] → sutileza f his performance lacked subtlety → su actuación carecía de matices he has all the subtlety of a herd of rhinoceroses → es más bruto que un arao the subtleties of English → los matices del inglés 2. (= perceptiveness) → perspicacia f, agudeza f
How to pronounce subtlety in English?
Break ‘subtlety’ down into sounds :[SUT]+[UHL]+[TEE]- say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
What does subtlety mean?
Subtlety is defined as having indirect or small distinctions. An example of subtlety is when a painter uses slightly different colors to create a beautiful, detailed painting. (uncountable) The quality or fact of being subtle. With all his usual subtlety, he quietly fixed the problem before anyone else noticed it.
How to pronounce subtle?
– Facebook – Twitter – Email