Why is my car leaking gearbox oil?
A common reason why your vehicle could be leaking is a gap in your transmission system. It’s very hard to narrow this down since it could be a space in the gasket, fluid lines, torque converter, seals or transmission pan.
Can you fix a gearbox leak?
The majority of gear box leaks are due to perished or dehydrated gates or seals. For this reason the use of an oil stop leak could save an expensive visit to the repair garage. By adding an oil stop leak like OIL-FIX to your gear oil you will be able to determine if the problem is a dehydrated seal or gasket.
How much oil does a Freelander gearbox take?
Freel2.com – View topic – Auto Gearbox Oil Change TD4 MY07-12. The specified ATF capacity is 7 litres of Esso JWS3309US (LR002748).
How do I reset my Freelander 2 gearbox?
- Insert key fob in dash.
- Turn on ignition by pressing the start button WITHOUT foot on brake (I.e. Don’t start the engine)
- Press accelerator to the floor for 30 seconds.
- Release accelerator pedal leave key in dash, and press the start button to switch off ignition…wait 30 seconds.
How much does it cost to fix a gearbox oil leak?
Typical Cost to Fix a Transmission Fluid Leak If you have fluid leaking from your transmission, the typical cost to repair the leak (without taking off the transmission) is between $150 and $200. For this amount, you will get a replacement of the pan bolts, drain plugs, seals, gasket, fluid lines.
What oil goes in a Freelander gearbox?
Product line: EPX SAE 80W-90. Oil Viscosity Classification SAE: 80W-90.
What oil goes in a Freelander 1 gearbox?
Automatic gearbox Use Texaco ATF N402 or Unipart ATF JF 403E oil.
How do I check the transmission fluid in my lr2?
Steps to Checking Your Transmission Fluid
- Turn the car on.
- Find the transmission fluid dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick and touch the fluid, moving it around between your thumb and forefinger.
- Use a rag to wipe off the dipstick.
- Use a funnel to bring the fluid level up to the right spot.
How do you check the transmission fluid on a 2002 Land Rover Freelander?
Level plug is located on the bottom of the transmission, next to the selector cable. Use 5mm Alen wrench to remove it, and fill the trasmission fluid till it’s start dripping from the level plug. BE CAREFULL WHEN LOCATING LEVEL PLUG, WILL DAMAGE THE TRANSMISSION IF REMOVE THE “WRONG” BOLT. All it takes is ONE hit.
What are the 5 common causes of transmission fluid leaks?
Looking for a good online repair manual?
- Top 5 Causes of Transmission Fluid Leaks. #1 – Transmission Pan or Drain Plug. #2 – Seals are Broken. #3 – Transmission Pan Gasket Fails. #4 – Torque Converter Leakage. #5 – Fluid Line is Cracked.
- Typical Cost to Fix a Transmission Fluid Leak. Inspection Method.