How do I apply for a Banting Fellowship?
Table of contents
- Confirm eligibility.
- Contact your desired host institution/supervisor.
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) account, ResearchNet account, and complete the Equity and Diversity Questionnaire.
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application.
- Start a ResearchNet application.
What is Banting fellowship?
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best Canadian and international postdoctoral applicants, who will positively contribute to Canada’s economic, social and research‑based growth.
How can I apply for PDF in Canada?
Essentially, there are four steps in the appointment process:
- Step 1: Space and Facilities Form.
- Step 2: Letter of Offer.
- Step 3: Recommendation for appointment form.
- Step 4: PDF Supervisor and hiring department/research centre responsibilities.
How do I apply for a postdoctoral fellowship in Canada?
Work permit application procedure In order to obtain a Canadian work permit, international postdoctoral fellows must: Hold a valid passport. Obtain a letter of invitation/offer of postdoctoral appointment from a McGill University faculty member (letter must indicate the total stipend amount).
What is the cost of the Banting postdoctoral fellowship?
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
Where can I find grants and awards offered by CIHR?
These opportunities can also be viewed through CIHR’s grants and awards database or through individual CIHR Institute webpages. All graduate training awards at masters level that are offered by CIHR or through CIHR Institutes can be accessed through CIHR’s grants and awards database.
Can I work in Canada as a Banting postdoctoral researcher?
For questions regarding applying for a visa to work in Canada, please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Banting postdoctoral researchers may travel and conduct field research; however, they must continue to be based at their host institution. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year.