How do I check email logs in Linux?
How To Check Mail Logs – Linux server?
- Login into shell access of the server.
- Go to below mentioned path: /var/logs/
- Open the desired Mail logs file and search the contents with grep command.
What is a mail log?
The logs created contain information on each email (e.g. date/time email sent, sender, recipient, etc). The Email Logs can be helpful if you are trying to check if emails have been sent, and if sent to particular email address. Check The Email Log.
Where are postfix logs Centos?
When Postfix uses syslog logging (the default), the file is usually called /var/log/maillog, /var/log/mail, or something similar; the exact pathname is configured in a file called /etc/syslog.
How do I read sendmail Maillog?
How to read Sendmail logs?
- from It specifies the sender address.
- size This filed displays size of a message in bytes.
- class Indicates the numeric precedence or class of the message.
- Pri Used for queue sorting.
- nrcpts Shows the recipient’s envelope for given messages.
How do I check my mail server log?
Open Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager. Right click “Default SMTP Virtual Server” and choose “Properties”. Check “Enable logging”. You can check the SMTP log files at C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\SMTPSVC1.
How do I check my SSH email?
Login through SSH
- Open Terminal.
- Type the following command to login into your server through SSH: ssh [email protected]
- If you receive a message about the authenticity of the host, type yes to continue connecting.
- When it asks for your password, enter the root password to your server.
How do I check mail logs?
View your domain’s Mail Logs: Select Mail > Mail Logs. Enter your search criteria and select a time range from the drop-down menu. Click on Search. You can filter your Search Results with the Filter results by drop-down menu.
How do I view postfix mail logs?
Check postfix mail logs When you run into postfix or email issues, first thing, you should check is postfix mail logs which are present in /var/log/mail. log file. It contains postfix’s general logs.
How do I read postfix mail logs?
The logs generated by Postfix are stored in a file called maillog which is usually located under /var/log. Events configuration and location of this file is controlled by /etc/syslog with the following lines: # Log all the mail messages in one place.
How do I find my SMTP log?
Where is SMTP server log?
You can check the SMTP log files at C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\SMTPSVC1.