How do I organize my home office with two desks?
Start by setting up your desks at opposite sides and ends of the room to give each of you as much of your own space as possible. (The desks pictured are two of the best home office desks for distinct but coordinating desks within one space.) Then, add some shelving to each zone for office supplies and personal objects.
Where should I position my desk in a home office?
A properly placed desk Place your desk as close to a natural light source as possible. You should also place your desk as close to a natural light source as possible. Some like to face the window, but if that proves too distracting, put the desk perpendicular to it.
How do you set up a home office layout?
9 Essential Home Office Design Tips
- Location Is Key. Home offices come in many different shapes and sizes.
- Allow Enough Space. Make sure you allow enough space to work comfortably.
- Selecting a Desk and Chair.
- Storage and Shelving.
- A Place to Meet.
- Natural Light and View.
- Tame Your Technology.
- Accessorize and Personalize.
How do I create a shared home office?
If you choose to share one home office, think zones. “Split the room in half with a low credenza if you need to. Create two zones, so each person can personalize that space to their needs,” Underwood says. That means separate desks, separate storage and separate task lighting.
Should your desk face a window?
Windows are best on your side. If you’re facing the view, you’ll be distracted. Work while you’re at your desk and enjoy the view when you’re on a break. Make sure you also have enough room behind you (minimum of 36 inches) so that you have room to grow.
How can I make my home office look professional?
6 Ways to Make Your Home Office Look Professional
- Invest in a Functional Desk. The secret to a professional and productive home office is a functional desk.
- Keep Your Essentials Close.
- Install Proper Lighting.
- Have Indoor Plants.
- Paint Your Wall an Inspiring Color.
- Maintain Your Home’s Office’s Cleanliness.