How do I restore my iPod to factory settings when locked out?
Step 4: Restore your iPod touch
- Locate your iPod touch in the Finder or in iTunes on the computer that it’s connected to.
- Choose Restore when you see the option to Restore or Update.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Disconnect your iPod touch from the computer, then set up and use your iPod touch.
How do you reset a disabled iPod without a computer?
Press the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for 10 seconds. Continue holding until you see the Apple logo. This will reset your iPod Touch. Both methods of running the power cycle are equally effective, and they take a matter of seconds to execute.
How do you unlock an iPod that is disabled and says connect to iTunes?
- Disconnect all cables from your device.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
- Click OK, then restore the device.
How to restore a locked iPod Pro 5th generation?
iPod 5th Gen / locked out need to restore. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
How do I force restart my iPod (5th generation)?
If you can’t force restart your iPod (5th generation), set your device on a table and try again. This time, when you press the Center button, don’t touch the Click Wheel. And when you press Menu, press near the outside of the Click Wheel instead of near the center.
Why is my iPod Touch 5th generation locked out?
Ipod Touch 5th Generation… locked out because of too many invavlid password attempts. Last backed up 6 months ago (teenage user)… If restore using iTunes will all the contacts and photos that are post the last back up be lost?
How do I Reset my iPod Touch to factory settings?
Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased. iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled. If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.