How do you make a fabric pumpkin?
Make sure to choose a piece of clothing that has a wide, flat section so there is ample room to lay the template.
- Choose Your Fabric. Fabric pumpkins can be created using new fabric or recycled pieces of clothing.
- Cut Out Fabric.
- Start Stitching.
- Stuff the Pumpkin.
- Stitch the Pumpkin Top Together.
How much fabric do I need to make a fabric pumpkin?
- Cut out a fabric rectangle on the bias that’s twice as long as it is wide. (We used 5-by-10-inch, 8-by-16-inch, and 11-by-22-inch pieces for our three pumpkin sizes.)
- Turn pouch right side out; stuff with batting.
- For stem, cut out 2 stem-size pieces of fabric.
How do you make a cloth covered pumpkin?
- Remove top stem.
- Cut fabric into 36 Strips that are 1”x11”
- Trim both ends of the fabric to an angle.
- Start layering Fabric Strips onto pumpkin by placing mod podge on the pumpkin, then add fabric strip, then mod podge over the top of the fabric.
- Keep layering around the pumpkin until its covered.
How do you make a fabric size 3 pumpkin?
- Step 1: Cut Fabric. After you downloaded and cut out your pumpkin pattern.
- Step 2: Cut Felt. If you’re using a felt leaf on your pumpkin, you’ll want to cut out the felt leaf as well.
- Step 3: Sew Pumpkin Pieces.
- Step 4: Stuff the Pumpkin.
- Step 5: Add Tufting.
- Step 6: Attach Leaf & Stem.
How do you cover a faux pumpkin with fabric?
Using one-inch artist brush, apply a small amount of decoupage medium to surface of artificial pumpkin. Press a strip of fabric into wet glue. Immediately brush over fabric with a generous amount of decoupage medium until fabric is fully saturated. Brush more medium on pumpkin next to fabric strip that was just glued.
How do you cover a dollar store pumpkin with fabric?
- Start by removing the flowers and stem on top of the pumpkin.
- Then use pointed scissors to cut a hole in the pumpkin top.
- Cut a square of fabric, then start to tuck it into the hole in the top of the foam pumpkin.
- Replace the plastic dollar store stem and flowers with a twig and a small sprig of greenery.
How do you make fake pumpkin decorations?
There are many pumpkin decorations for sale in stores during the fall, but you can make your own for a fraction of the price. Use paper mache, which involves applying strips of paper and glue to build up a solid surface. You can even paint a face onto the finished pumpkin to turn it into a jack-o-lantern.
How to make an easy fabric pumpkin?
Start by collecting the materials and equipment you will need to create the pumpkins: Draw out the pattern on paper or card for ease.
How to make easy fabric Pumpkins?
steps to make a fabric pumpkin with a real stem. First of all, I cut a large square from the scrap fabric. Obviously, the larger the square, the larger the pumpkin. I cut my square about 30″ and it made about a 15″ size pumpkin. So, just cut your square any size you like. Next, you want to fill your square with polyfil.
How do you make a pumpkin out of fabric?
scrap piece of fabric
How to make DIY fabric?
Fill the jug with 5 cups of water.