What are the main points of World war 2?
Battles and Turning Points of WWII
- Germany Invades Poland. September 1, 1939 is the date most scholars give as the beginning of World War II in Europe.
- Battle of Britain.
- Japan Attacks Pearl Harbor.
- Battle of Midway.
- Battle of the Bulge.
- Nazi Germany Surrenders.
- Japan Surrenders.
What was World war 2 about short summary?
World War II was a conflict between 1939 and 1945 that involved all the world’s major countries. It was the most destructive war in history and millions of people were killed. It was fought between the Axis (Germany, Japan, and Italy) and the Allies (Britain, the US, and the Soviet Union among others).
How did World war 2 start in simple terms?
Hitler’s invasion of Poland in September 1939 drove Great Britain and France to declare war on Germany, marking the beginning of World War II. Over the next six years, the conflict would take more lives and destroy more land and property around the globe than any previous war.
What were the 5 basic causes of World war 2?
5 Major Causes of World War Two in Europe
- The Treaty of Versailles and the German desire for revenge.
- Economic downturns.
- Nazi ideology and Lebensraum.
- The rise of extremism and the forging of alliances.
- The failure of appeasement.
Why did World War 2 End?
Soviets Declare War, Japan Surrenders On September 2, World War II ended when U.S. General Douglas MacArthur accepted Japan’s formal surrender aboard the U.S. battleship Missouri, anchored in Tokyo Bay along with a flotilla of more than 250 Allied warships.
What are 10 interesting facts about ww2?
Ten Facts About World War II
- World War II was not only fought in Europe.
- In total WWII claimed the lives of approximately 60 million people.
- The Holocaust claimed the lives of six million Jews.
- World War II was a continuation of World War I.
- The immediate cause of WWII was the German invasion of Poland.