Is getting into EPIK hard?
3) It is extremely difficult to get into highly sought after locations in Korea with EPIK. Getting into the popular cities like Seoul or Busan is a long shot, due to many teachers re-signing with their schools, a high demand, and few positions.
Can you apply for EPIK in Korea?
If you want to change offices of education entirely (going from Ulsan to Seoul for example), you will need to reapply directly to EPIK, but the process will be more streamlined.
How do I become an EPIK teacher in Korea?
- Be a Citizen of One of the 7 Native English Speaking Countries.
- Hold a 3-4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Any Field.
- Be TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certified.
- Have No Criminal Record (misdemeanors or felonies)
- Be in Good Mental & Physical Health.
- Under the Age of 62.
How do I get hired at EPIK?
In brief, the EPIK application timeline runs a little something like this:
- Download the initial application form.
- Collect the following documents:
- Create a sample lesson plan (there are some great examples online)
- Submit your application and documents.
- Complete a Skype interview with EPIK.
- Apply for your E2 Visa.
How selective is EPIK?
Here is the honest truth: the program is very competitive. We cannot tell anyone with confidence that they’ll be accepted onto the Korea program ahead of applying, no matter what their qualifications may be. You will have to pass two interview rounds before we can say with confidence you’ll be going to Korea.
Is EPIK better than Hagwon?
Not only does EPIK have twice the amount of vacation days than a hagwon, but we also got to take them in chunks. With a hagwon, the employer decides how and when you’ll split up your vacation time to use. I didn’t like that. Additionally, working with public schools, I got all national holidays off.
How many times can you apply for EPIK?
EPIK application is processed Online You have to create an account to start the application. You must be precise since you can submit only one application per term (Multiple submissions will not be considered).
Is it too late to apply for EPIK?
Start With EPIK Program – late Aug There are also late fall intake positions in September or October. Applications for EPIK Fall 2022 intake began in mid-February, 2022.
Is EPIK competitive?
The EPIK (English Program in Korea) Program is a great way to teach English in South Korea’s public schools. It is a competitive program to get into so here are some tips to help guide you through EPIK’s application process.
Do you need a bachelors for EPIK?
For applicants without a bachelor degree and who do not plan to obtain one, unfortunately, this is a mandatory requirement for eligibility to the program.
Is EPIK legit?
In 2021, The Daily Telegraph wrote that Epik was “a safe harbour for websites said to be enabling the spread far-right extremism and carrying Neo-Nazi content”; the same year, Fortune called the company the “right wing’s best friend online”.